Recumbent bikes are always good additions to the home and we always want to have them, but once they are in the house, we forget to use them or laziness simply sets in and they just sit there and gather dust.
The NordicTrack GX 4.7 Recumbent bike is one of the top bikes on the market and we have decided to give it a try. Since fitness is a major part of our lives, it was quite a pleasure to try out this bike and see how it works. This detailed review should give you an idea of the composition and the main features of the bike, which should allow you to make a decision when it comes to buying one of them.
Exercise equipment is generally expensive and many people choose to go to the gym instead of building up the home with exercise equipment. In the short term, this will be cheap, but it will eventually cost you more in the long term. Let’s hope that once you understand the features of the NordicTrack GX 4.7, you will be able to decide for yourself whether it is worth the investment.
NordicTrack GX 4.7 Reviewed In Detail
Whether you are male or female, you will receive the bike in parts with a detailed how-to guide, full of instructions that will show you how to go about assembling the bike. Unlike many other sporting equipments, this bike is mostly assembled when you receive it and there are only a few things that you will need to put on to have the bike fully assembled.
The bike is quite heavy when it arrives and with a weight of 149lbs, you might need to have some support to help you move it. As for the tools required; you will find that most of it are already included in the box once you receive it, but you might need to supply your own adjustable wrench and screwdriver to fit all the parts together efficiently.
The main parts that you should be concerned about adding are the backrest frame, seat, seat assembly, handlebars, backrest front upright, the console cover, stabilizer bars, console, and the pedals. This does sound quite daunting, but many people do manage to finish the assembly process within 1 or 2 hours. We took a little longer and spent about 4 hours to get every part in place.
The thing we spent the most time on was the connection of the wires and while it might not be hard for many people familiar with assembling fitness equipment, it took us a while to get everything working. The working areas are quite small and if you have bigger hands, it is not as easy.
We recommend setting apart a few hours for the full assembly process and to ensure that you have the necessary tools required for the job. For an additional fee, the manufacturers will even send someone to assemble the bike for you, but this does add a significant amount to the price.
We have tested many pieces of fitness equipment and there is nothing as frustrating as not having a sturdy bike that you can workout with. The NordicTrack GX 4.7 recumbent bike features a 25-inch solid steel frame and this does set it apart from many of the other hollow steel frames. Once you have the frame in your hand and you feel the weight, you will definitely feel the sturdiness and this will give you more confidence about the product.
The bike also includes levels, which can be adjusted at the bottom of the bike and once these levels are fully adjusted, your bike will even be sturdy on uneven surfaces. Since the bike is also quite heavy itself, it gives heavier individuals the opportunity to get on and work out at any level of intensity without a fear of tipping the bike.
With a lifetime frame warranty included, you can be sure that the bike will be quite durable and the frame will last you forever. With the NordicTrack GX 4.7, you will not have any more rocking to think about and the bike will keep you upright whilst you complete your workout session with ease.
NordicTrack is more commonly known for the quality of their treadmills and we believe that they must have faced an enormous challenge to make this recumbent bike as comfortable as possible for their users.
To measure the comfort of the bike, we looked at the seat and the pedals since these are the parts that your body will be in contact with most of the time when you are working out. To our surprise, they have actually nailed the comfort right on the head and designed a bike that will ensure that you have utmost training comfort when you are working out.
- The seat: The seat directly resembles a car seat at first glance, but unfortunately, it is not the new car seats found in modern cars. The seat is quite large and will be ideal for bigger individuals, but the seat padding is a little on the thin side. You might need to add some sort of cushioning in the form of a towel or any other type of additional padding to make the seat as comfortable as possible.The backrest is also considered part of the seat and this is the very comfortable part of the bike. The backrest can be adjusted to multiple angles and you will be able to work out at the right level of comfort for you.Getting on the bike is also quite easy and with the addition of the lower frame, there will be no need to tear your clothing when lifting up your leg and climbing on. This seat will be ideal for smaller individuals, but if you are larger, you might consider adding some more padding.
- The pedals: The pedals are quite standard and it might not be the best on the market. We have tested the pedals and found that the pedals are easy on the feet and the adjustable strap will ensure that your feet are always stable on the inside.Many people might find the pedals to be quite small, but we personally like the size and it is even ideal for those of you with larger feet.
The NordicTrack GX 4.7 certainly stands out for comfort and when you are looking for comfort in your recumbent bike, this will definitely be the way to go. We highly recommend this bike in terms of comfort and versatility and you will have multiple great workouts using it.
Console and accessories
Recumbent bikes have now evolved from the standard bikes and they include advanced consoles, which are computer powered and will allow you to adjust your exercises and keep track of the stats you have achieved so far.The NordicTrack GX 4.7 recumbent bike is no different and it includes a 5-inch console for you to view and track all of the necessary stats during your workout. The console will also display your heart rate and this can be measured using the handlebars and will also give you a clear indication of when you are in the danger zone.The console features multiple different display tabs and all of these display tabs will have its own graphical display of your progress and some of the results you have achieved. There are 24 different programs on the console and these programs are designed for both the fitness enthusiasts and the person working out to lose some weight.12 of the programs are designed for speed training; whilst the other 12 will be great for burning calories and helping you lose weight. The console is also easy to operate and you need not even look at the instructions to operate it. We were able to operate the console without even looking at the instruction manual and we managed to get it figured out.This easy-to-operate console will be great for all in the family and even the children will enjoy using this recumbent bike to start training on before they are old enough to go to the gym. We do highly recommend it for any family. The only hard part is the wire assembly process and setting it up.
The accessories are quite good on this bike and you might not even know about some of them off the bat. The accessories could really make life easier for you and ensure that you are training more comfortably.Firstly, the bike features a water bottle holder in the front and this is easily in reach when you are riding the bike. You will also have a jack to add an MP3 player or even your tablet and play music through the console. The console will adjust the volume and you will be able to set it at the right volume for your needs.The only problem with adding the MP3 is that it will cover up the display and control buttons and you will not see your progress. Next, the bike also features an additional fan that will cool you down and with decent power; you will not need to have your own fan set up for the sweat to evaporate.This bike is also compatible with iFit and you could save the progress on the app to see how your day is going. The bike might not have too many additional accessories, but these included will be fine and ideal to get you ready for improving your fitness or simply burning of some additional calories.
Why buy NordicTrack GX 4.7
- Includes 22 levels of resistance, which will allow you to get stronger and fit. With so much resistance, you might not even need to buy another recumbent bike ever again.
- The bike is extremely easy to adjust and will be great for all members of the family to work out on.
- It features 2 transport wheels, which means that you do not have to pick it up or disable the bike when moving it from area to area. This is also ideal if you quickly need to store the bike.
- The bike has professionally designed pre-set programs to get you started and to help you no matter what your fitness level currently is.
- Included levelers to make it easier for you to balance the bike on uneven surfaces, which also means that you need not move the home furniture to accommodate the bike.
- Compatible with iFit
- Smooth and quite ride will not disturb anyone watching TV in the living room.
Why not buy NordicTrack GX 4.7?
- The bike can be used even when power outages do occur.
- To use the bike in conjunction with iFit, you will need to sign up as a premium member and this will be around $100 per year.
- The assembly process does require additional tools and having a professional do this for you will be quite expensive.
- The bike will only have one profile unless you are connected to iFit as a premium member for that expensive subscription price.
Is it worth the price?
The bike does have good specials going for it on Amazon and for that price; it should come as no surprise that we do rate the bike really high. With the durable components and the versatility, this bike will definitely ensure that you get great value for your money. The customer support offered by the company is great and with the inclusion of a lifetime frame warranty, we believe that this bike is definitely worth the price.
Check here for lowest price of NordicTrack GX 4.7
We would like to thank you for reading this article and we do hope you can now make a more educated decision about the bike and if you should buy it. We do recommend it and since we have tested many similar bikes, we can proudly say that this is one of the best on the market today.
Please share your thoughts in the comment section below and let us know what you think of the bike and the features.